Steps To Getting a Job
For All Employment Seekers
1.Go To Job Success Ministry Input Interview - They will evaluate your specific wants and skills and try to determine how they may help.
2. Try to focus on specific job or field (i.e. "Senior Electrical Engineer", "Business Analyst", "Retail Sales Person", "Executive Administrative Assistant", "Plumber", Etc.)
3. Develop a Great Resume - Tailored to a specific job or profession. Include a cover letter specific to that position. Create "Thank You" letters and "Interview Followup Letters"
4. Develop and practice a excellent 30 Second "Elevator Speech" It should includes, worthy job related things you have done in the past for your previous employers , what great attributes you will bring to their company and why they should hire you. Practice the speech until it is natural. Practice job interviews with a friend or a JSM volunteer member. Try to anticipate what questions an interviewer might ask and practice your responses in advance.
5. When the above are completed: Create a plan of action to get a job. A lot of employers today use LinkedIn. You may want to sign up for LinkedIn and post a professionally taken picture, and pertinent portions of your resume in your profile or post you resume online with local employers. Maybe your plan would be: Set a goal to submit 10 resumes or even a 100 resumes per week and or maybe; apply for all jobs listed locally at local businesses who hire employees in your line of work or all the above.
6. Networking is always a valuable tool in finding a new position. Contact some of your friends and let them know you are looking for a job and would they let you know if they hear of a company that may be hiring someone with your experience and education.